LET'S KEEP HELPING OUR NEIGHBORS IN NEED as we approach one year of the COVID-19 crisis
Urgent need for additional resources to keep up with the startling increase in daily aid requests.
Thanks to a generous donation of $791, the Oak Park Mutual Aid COVID Emergency Response campaign reached $50,000 on January 5th, 2021!
With those funds and other donations, Oak Park Mutual Aid has helped hundreds of our neighbors in need — families and individuals in and around Oak Park, River Forest, and Forest Park, Illinois.
Altogether, these contributions have helped provide:
- $50,472 in limited financial assistance, food, personal protection equipment, cleaning supplies, medication, and clothing
- 507 deliveries of healthy food and other items
- 420 online requests for assistance and referrals reviewed and fulfilled
- Winter coats for more than 100 children
But we’re not done yet!
Even as vaccination schedules begin to roll out, COVID-19 continues to affect all of us.
- Unemployment continues at unprecedented levels, potentially four times worse than the 2009 recession
- “Half of Chicago homes face significant financial problems” according to a poll released by NPR
Help us raise another $25,000 by April 30, 2021 to continue providing these services
Our volunteer network of neighbors helping neighbors has been up and running since early May, 2020.
- 97 cents of every dollar donated to Oak Park Mutual Aid directly benefits neighbors in need.
- We receive dozens of new aid requests daily, as well as requests for more/repeat help from aid recipients.
- Food, housing/shelter, utility payments, and clothing needs will continue to increase.
- Until coronavirus vaccine supplies are widely distributed and made easily available to all Americans, our collective health and economy could be hampered for years.
Unless we continue receiving your financial support, we risk losing the ability to provide ongoing aid to our neighbors who are falling through the gaps in an inadequate safety net.
Please help us meet our next goal of raising another $25,000 by April 30th!